Gratitude is more than attitude. Gratitude is exuberant action!
- Gratitude shouts joyfully to the Lord.
The Hebrew word for shouts joyfully is ruwa. It is used 33 times in the Old Testament.
Ruwa literally means:
- to split the ears
- to blast with sound
Ruwa in the Old Testament was:
- a responsive cry of joy to God for His creation
- a responsive cry of joy to God for his deliverance
- a battle cry before engaging an enemy
- a shout of triumph over an enemy
2. Gratitude serves the Lord with gladness.
The Hebrew word for serves is abad. Abad is used in the Old Testament in relation to serving things, other people, and God. When abad is used in relation to serving the Lord, it means:
- a joyful experience of liberation – not toilsome labor
- an act of worship
Gratitude done right is exuberant! It is whole-hearted!
Whatever you do, do with all your might! (Colossians 3:23)