I love Bible studies where the discussion is honest, invigorating and thought provoking. Last week, one of the young ladies expressed her struggle. She asked such a wonderfully honest vulnerable question!, “How do I know if what I want to do is just something I want or if it is something God wants?”
Here are a few thoughts:
- I do not know God’s will for your life. But I do know He wants you to abound in the work of the Lord no matter where you are or what you are doing. I Corinthians 15:58
- I do know God has created you for His glory. He has something for you to do that only you can do. He has gifted you in a unique way for your unique purpose.
- I do know that as you spend time in His Word, He will guide you and cause you to want what He wants. He will work in you to accomplish His plan. Philippians 2:12-13
- I do know that God may use other believers to encourage and guide you. But I also know that ultimately it’s between you and God.
Paul thought Apollos should come to Corinth to encourage the believers. But Apollos said ‘it was not at all his desire to come to Corinth now but that he would come when he had opportunity.’ 1 Corinthians 16:12
Here are a couple of questions:
- What do you desire to do? Does it agree with the clear truths in God’s Word? If so, do it and enjoy it!
- What opportunities do you have right now? Make the most of them! And don’t be afraid to explore new opportunities!
Most importantly, relax and believe that God is working in you, through you, with you and for you! He is doing that right now and He will continue to do so!