I hear myself say things like:
- I want to eat healthy, exercise, and lose some weight.
- I want to have close relationships with my children and grandchildren.
- I want to be a speaker at Christian women’s events.
- I want to have a clean organized home.
- I want to enjoy time with my husband.
- I want to encourage my friends.
- I want to rest.
And so on and so on…..
When I look at my complete list of what I want to do (and no, the list above is not a complete list), it doesn’t take me long to figure out I can’t do everything I want to do. If I did everything, there is no way I would ever feel rested and I want that, too. LOL
I am in a time of transition. It is causing me to redefine my priorities and expectations. It is causing me to let go of some things and reach for new things. It is unsettling and exciting at the same time.
Life constantly changes. If we are not intentionally mindful, we end up being carried along with the rushing flow of life – doing way too much and being unsure of where we are even going.
Let me encourage you to take time for reflection. Are you directing your days or are the days directing you? Better yet, are you allowing God to direct your days?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6